When you need a Flow recipient to sign a document or enter text, a checkmark, or a datestamp onto a document you send via a Flow request you will want to create an Overlay to your Flow template.
An overlay enables you to position recipient inputs for your Send Document Flow request. With an overlay, you will designate where the recipient will be required to add a signature, date, checkmark or optional text.
Adding a Document Overlay
Navigate to Configure > Flow Components > Overlay and then click on + New Document Overlay. Upload a reference document so you can position the overlay elements in the right position.
The reference document can be multiple pages.
The overlay options can be added to any page of the reference document. For example, if you add an overlay option to page one of the reference document then Flows sent with this overlay will require that overlay import on page one of the document sent with the FLow.
Flow Options include:
- Signature: requires the recipient to sign this area in order to complete the Flow request. When the user clicks the designated area on the document a page will open so the recipient can physically sign the document using their finger (if on a mobile device) or with their mouse (if on a desktop browser).
- Date Box: automatically adds today's current date when a recipient works thru a Flow request
- Check Box: requires the recipient to add a checkmark to the checkbox in order to complete the Flow request.
- Big Signature: requires the recipient to sign this area in order to complete the Flow request. Similar to the other Signature option only with a larger designated signature area on the document.
- User Text: This will provide an optional text area for the recipient to type a message and add information to the document before completing the Flow request.
After uploading a PDF document, you will be able to select the field boxes that will need your customers' attention when executing a document. Once you have selected the field boxes, you can click and drag them to the correct placement on the reference document. When you're done adjusting the overlay click the Save Overlay button.
Edit an Overlay
Edit existing Overlays by clicking the Edit button (a pencil icon) next to the overlay.
Still Need Help?
Please reach out to our Customer Success team via email at firstname.lastname@example.org for more help.