Since a transaction that requires a post-auth code will usually be declined first, this is is how you would enter the transaction to process:
- First, try to process the transaction.
- If it gets declined with the Voice Authentication error message, you will need to call your Merchant Service Provider to get the Post Authorization Code. When you call, please have your Merchant ID # ready along with the payment information. (If you not not know your Merchant ID #, please give our Customer Success Team a call and we would be happy to provide you with that information.)
- Once you have the Post Authorization code, go to the Decline Report and find the transaction. Click retry.
- The Cashier screen will prepopulate with all original information, INCLUDING the card number.
- Enter the Post-Auth code and click Process.
- Now the transaction will process successfully.