You can Void a Credit Card transaction anytime BEFORE your batch closes and goes out for settlement. The Batch closes automatically daily as long as there are Credit Card transactions processed. If you need to void, follow these steps:
- From the Main Menu, click on the View Transactions Link under the PDC Credit Card Services column.
- Date Range should be set to Today, since you can only Void Credit Card Transactions on the same day as they are processed, but you can enter a First Name and/or Last Name or Payment Reference Number if that information is available. You can also narrow down your search by Origin, for example WEB, if it was a online payment. Or by User under the Employee field. If you choose to leave those fields blank, you can also filter your results after the transactions from the date range populate. Click Search.
- Upon finding the transaction you need to VOID, click on the View Transactions button under the Actions Header. (magnifying glass)
- This will pop up a lightbox with all the transaction details. From here you will see the option to VOID Transaction. With a VOID, you have to VOID the entire amount.
- Once you hit VOID Transaction, a pop up window will ask you: Are you sure you want to VOID this payment? Click OK to complete the VOID.
- Once the VOID is completed, it will always be linked to the original debit transaction and will show up in BLUE on your reporting.