Integration to PDCflow’s SignatureService API enables companies to send requests for signatures, payments, document review and/or image requests.
Integrators can also generate new Document Overlays entirely within their integration.
How to Add a New Document Overlay via SignatureService API
To create an overlay, provide an originalDocumentId, overlayName and a list of overlayBoxDefinitions in an HTTP POST request to: https://wssignaturedemo.pdc4u.com/SignatureService/api/v2_0/overlays
The overlay is a configuration of "overlayBoxDefinition"s. You will define where each box is placed in relation to the document page, then the saved overlay can be used with any document by referencing the overlayId in the Flow request.
The originalDocumentId is required and is used within FLOW UI to show the original document the overlay was created for. If you went back and edited an overlay it would load the original document for editing purposes.
PDCflow supports a specific set of boxTypes, including:
SIGNATURE box type has two definitions, including:
- small signature
- large signature
What Your Process May Look Like
- Upload a document you want to create an overlay for and keep the documentId.
- Retrieve list of overlayBoxTypes with HTTP GET request from https: wssignaturedemo.pdc4u.com/SignatureService/api/v2_0/overlayboxtypes
- This will give you a list of five box types, their dimensions (height, width), and the overlayBoxTypeId which you will use in the request to create an overlay.
- Allow users to place which boxes they would like on a document.
- Pass the coordinates and box types of those values to the SignatureService to define the overlay.
For more information, please refer to the "Overlay Creation" section of the sample code within our API Documentation: https://apidocs.pdcflow.com/#sample-code140